NEW for 2018!
Here's a sneak peek of the NEW features and events planned for the 2018 Expo:
- Celebrity Sightings: Cleveland native and multi-unit restaurateur, Michael Symon, kicks off the Jan. 28 opening day with the show’s keynote address. The James Beard Award winner, best-selling cookbook author and co-host of TV’s The Chew will discuss his trials and triumphs encountered along the way to becoming one of the country’s most-admired chefs. And addition to his own chef demonstration, Iron Chef America Judge Mario Rizzotti will emcee several culinary demonstrations.
- The Establishment: This all-new area on our expansive show floor is dedicated to sampling new craft beer, wine and spirits in a tavern-like atmosphere tailored for networking. Located conveniently next door to The Establishment is a stage dedicated to beverage education and programming.
- Flavors of the Midwest: This new area was created to help expose the wares of 18 carefully selected local food companies breaking into foodservice segments. This includes vendors such as bakeries, ethnic food companies, exhibitors with locally-made ingredients and more. Come sample and ask questions about their innovative products.
- CONNECT at the Expo: Network with peers and industry professionals at this all-new “speed networking-style” event where attendees find answers to their toughest operational problems. This Monday morning networking experience includes a full pre-show breakfast.
- Expo University: The Expo’s education-first format remains the standard for 2018 and will include more than 50 instructional seminars blending live demonstrations, breakout sessions and quick 30-minute talks led by industry innovators. The lineup includes thought leaders from companies Technomic, Nation’s Restaurant News and Google discussing emerging industry trends robotics, artificial intelligence and how to hire and manage a Generation Z workforce.
- Stimulation for Innovation: The Expo will feature multimedia demonstrations on five stages. Expect dramatic head-to-head culinary competitions and multiple thought leadership talks from industry visionaries.